Where It All Began
A group of teachers with a vision came together to form a financial cooperative that could better serve the financial needs of Tucson’s school employees and their families.
In 1937 a group of teachers with a vision came together to form a financial cooperative that could better serve the financial needs of Tucson’s school employees and their families. A year later, Tucson Teachers Federal Credit Union (TTFCU) was serving 38 members and had acquired assets of nearly $349. School employees volunteered their time to run the credit union until 1941, when the Board Treasurer was put on salary and the credit union moved into the basement of Tucson High School. Twenty years later, TTFCU had grown to 2,220 members, $1.8 million in assets, and six full-time employees.
On April 21, 2006, the National Credit Union Administration approved TFCU as a “Community Chartered” credit union. Our change to a “Community Charter” allows us to serve anyone who lives, works, worships, volunteers, or attends school in Pima County and their immediate families and household members.
Today, TFCU has grown to more than 63,000 members and $473 million in assets. Our growth and success comes from the support of our members who use our services, a dedicated group of volunteers who are elected by our members to represent them, and a great staff who are committed to exceeding your expectations.
Learn more about our history!
TFCU Board of Directors
TFCU Associate Board of Directors
TFCU Supervisory Committee